Monday, March 30, 2015

5 Things You Need To Know Right Now About Your Week. . .HURRY!

I don't really have any good list, I'm just always a sucker for a breakdown of important facts that promise to be succinct and small in number and hoped that you were, too.

I haven't been able to blog too much lately because I started a new job writing and editing for New Haven Magazine and it keeps me busy, like, too busy for the internet. Feel free to subscribe to read any additional opinions I may not have time to duplicate here. Hurry!

Also, my horoscope got me all paranoid and looking over my shoulder with a series of creepy daily prophesies that made me want to hide out. Who wouldn't be suspicious after a horoscope like this?


WHO COULD IT BE? WHO WANTS TO CUT MY SKIN OFF AND WEAR IT LIKE AN OVERCOAT?

I started looking for clues when it became very clear that I had enemies. Check this out:


The poo is crusted clear around the entire flap, if you can't tell. This is the product of aiming, for sure.

Then, my husband and I celebrated his birthday last week amid a growing rift in our marriage. 

Our toothbrushes have to sleep in separate beds. I gave him the ultimatum to either take care of that sticky blob of paste and spit, or move out. Occasionally, it jostled in the cup and would lean or tip into either the toothpaste or my toothbrush and leave a sticky spot behind. He chose to move his toothbrush out. We don't love each other any less, but every relationship has its ups and downs and I swear to god if that mush touches my junk one more. . . well, we've made it through the latest crisis and everything is fine, except he is sad about feeling old. I'm older so I don't have any sympathy at all, or anything comforting to say. Well, the comforting things I say are to comfort me, not him, like that he has more eye wrinkles than me and more gray hair. On the plus side, we have better health insurance and lower co-pays so we can seek medical advice for all of our old people back aches and suspicious "beauty" marks. 

Friday begins the annual Jewish celebration of freedom. My husband and I are hosting our second ever Passover seder this weekend so we've been doing lots of (a tiny bit, we're really behind) prepping and shopping and cleaning (I will have to remember to clean because I have an uncle with a cat allergy). The first time we hosted a Passover seder together, he proposed after. How will he top that?  

I've done more reading about Passover recently than in any prior years and a certain theme is sticking with me: what enslaves you and what frees you? When you think of the things that you feel a slave to, that bind you, constrict your life or temper your joy - a job you hate, a bad relationship, debt, obligations, a repressive government (shut up, tea party), addiction, or negative emotions like fear, anger, resentment, regret - can you envision being free of them and what that would look like? I floated the idea to my husband about doing a guided family meditation during our seder about this notion of being enslaved and envisioning our freedom and he implied it was a bad idea, and he implied it by laughing in my face. FREEEEDOOOOMMMMMM!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment